Hiring a dedicated team of software developers has helped many businesses especially startups. Unfortunately, this is always not a walk in the park. Failure to plan well and follow the right steps will result into wasting resources and time.
Hiring a Dedicated Team of Software Developers
One main advantage of hiring a dedicated team is that it saves you time and money. You can read more benefits on Offshore Software Development: Meaning and Benefits.
When you decide you want to work with a team of software developers the next challenge is where to find these teams.
There are several ways you can use to select a team such as through recommendation, searching on the internet, hiring a team from an agency, from meetups or hackathons, or from freelance platforms.
Whichever way you decide to get a team you also need to evaluate that the team you select is suitable for your project needs.
How to Evaluate a Software Development Dedicated Team
If you want a guarantee that the team you are hiring is going to give timely project completion and worth the resources here are some tips to follow:
- Know what you want – make a list of your project functionality, skills needed and timeline. This will help in selecting the right team that will suit your project needs.
- Company experience – Find out how long the team has been in the field. This should be in relation to the complexity of the project you have. The more complex your project is the more experienced a team should be.
- Skills stack – do they have the skills that suit the particular project you want done.
- Number of available developers on the team– depending on how big your project is, the preferred team should be big enough to finish your work in good time.
- Ask for samples – let the team provide samples of work they have previously completed. A reliable team should have a portfolio of previous work including working products or solutions they have developed.
- Feedback from previous customers – The feedback will help you measure if the team is what you are looking for. Go a step ahead and contact the previous customers and get the real reviews from them (don’t rely on what is put on a website or social media).
- Analyze the team online presence – if you are going to hire a team their own site should be working well and functional. Explore their social media accounts to see the content they publish. These will serve as evidence that they actually do what they claim.
Once you have settled on a team
It’s crucial that you protect your project idea and data. Remember this team will be working for you for a while and will part ways once your project is done. Ensure to sigh a non-disclosure agreement before discussing the project. And once the project has commenced ensure you have access to project login credentials of all related accounts of platforms used in the project development process.
Another crucial thing to find out is the soft skills of the selected team. A team may qualify for your project given the mentioned tips but without the soft skills there may be conflicts that will affect the success of the project.
Such skills include communication skills, conflict management, punctuality, team work, and adaptability. This are extra skills that will make the whole process easy for you and the team.
Finally, for ease of communication and follow up use project management tools such as Trello, Slack etc. This will help you track the progress of your project and ensure timely delivery.
Tiring Process But Worth It
The process of hiring a software development team may appear as a long and time-consuming process. But, if you don’t want to waste your resources, a poorly done project or none at all, don’t take the shortcut.